Monday, January 11, 2010

New Portraits

The past few weeks have been pretty rough for lots of reasons, but with everything going on, it's been pretty distressing trying to keep my morale up. I've been pretty down about the progress I've been making with everything and wondering what i'm going to be doing when I get done.

We received a portrait assignment to choose one of four magazines to do a cover for, Wired, Sports Illustrated, Seventeen, and Time magazine. I chose Wired because it seemed like it would be the most fun.
I ended up getting sick the day we had set aside for that assignment and wasn't able to get it done until tonight! and it is due at 7:45am tomorrow morning!
So Lauren was nice enough to help me out with it and it ended up turning out really great! Kris came in towards the end and wanted some shots of her new hair-do so we played around with some more lighting for her and ended up with a really neat picture. I was pretty unsure about how it was going to work but when I got everything on the computer I was really excited for what we ended up getting.
It's been a while since I can really say I'm super jazzed with what I'm coming out with. I think I'm really hard on myself and really want to be content and happy with the progress I'm making but never can seem to let my breath out when I finish a piece of work. But tonight I think I can let out a good breath of contentment.
I'm by far where I want to be as a photographer and have a long way to go, but I'm really feeling blessed tonight.
We're on our way Kari!



0 comments: