Friday, January 8, 2010

New stuff

Haven't been around here much and figured I'd put something on here just in case people actually look at it.  Here is some stuff I've been pretty stoked on recently.

This is Lauren.  She's a cool band photographer kind of girl from Vermont.  We had a class from Gregory Heisler about how you can take a really good photo with stuff bought from Home Depot!  He bought a bunch of florescent lights and work lights to give a difference in tones.  If you can look at her eyes, I had the long florescent light going horizontally behind a shower curtain to soften it and the yellow light at 10 oclock.  It came out really cool I think.  and with crap materials that didn't cost an arm and a leg!

I was able to get a bunch of my "Holga" negatives and scan them in at school.  Film has kindof become the "artsy" way of doing photography because the industry has obviously gone digital.  But I have been dying to get these scanned in properly to have a really lasting file for these pictures.


This is Colin again.  We had a high key assignment and I really liked the way this one turned out.

1 comments:

Candice and Nathan said...

I like the new photos. Really neat about using home depot equipment!