Wednesday, November 11, 2009

COMMERCIAL!!

We're actually getting into stuff that will look pretty instead of just accurate! We're starting phase 2 with photographing metals. So we had to go get a set of silverware to photograph and make it look good. Our commercial instructor made the comment that after one day in the studio we will produce a better image than 90% of the other stuff out there. (speaking about silverware) and I researched different placement settings on sites like Crate & Barrel and Williams Sonoma and he wasn't kidding! But whatever, I think the stuff I did turned out pretty good. Take a look!
























These cologne bottles were just for funsies after I finished up with the silverware.  The  dark one on the right was an accident and I'm so glad i made it cause it looks really cool.  I have a light meter to get the correct exposure from the lights I had set up on it and forgot to plug it back in to the camera.  So when I fired the shutter, the only light on the product were the pilot lights.  I just had to bring up the exposure a bit and got this really neat silhouetted vignette look.  But the other one turned out pretty good!


4 comments:

Kari said...

Looks great honey!! Great job!

Kari said...

I really like how you arranged the silverware, and the bottle turned out really neat too! xoxox

Bailey said...

Thanks babe!

K said...

your silverware looks AMAZING! :) i'm so jealous. gyah. 3 tries and mine still looks like ....ugh.