Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Some pictures

It's been a minute since I posted some actual pictures. I had some fun with these so I figured I'd show some off. Let me know what you think!

This guy cracked me up, right as he jumped, his pocket got stuck on the swing and he freaked out in the air and landed like a cat. His face is priceless.

This is Kris, I am forever indebted to her for coaching me on how to get the "sunburst" light flare in a picture and not make it look like an overexposed piece of poop. Kari knows I have tried and failed many times to try and make this look good and hopefully it sticks, cause this is a super cool look!

We had an exercise during one of the classes to go out and take a lifestyle photo with the people "texting" and could be used in a stock photography agency website. I think it turned out pretty good, except for the sunlight going through the poor girls head!

Another one of our assignments was to "pan" a moving vehicle to make it in focus and the background blurred. I love the way this one turned out, but for the assignment, it needed to be the entire vehicle, and sadly this one cut off in the middle.


We had another assignment to mimic the style of a really great portrait photographer that had been around since the 50's named Arnold Newman. He was kind of like the Picasso of photography. He used weird composition, lots of symmetry, and were really "quiet" pictures. And obviously black and white because he was from before color. This is Jon, I took this at his apartment.

This was for another assignment, but the cool thing about this one is that when I was messing with it on the computer in class, one of the instructors asked if they could use it in this years catalog for the school! I was really flattered, just because there are so many really great kids with a heck of a lot more imagination than me when it comes to this game, and it really helped that he would want to use this to represent the school! Especially just in week 3 of the program! So hopefully we'll be able to get this one in there!

This was goofing around during one of the classes about perspective and angles. It's been done before, but I've never done it so I wanted to get it out of my system. So there ya go!

The next two are for an assignment that I'm turning in tomorrow(10-6) by 7:45am! It was supposed to be for an energy drink ad. I absolutely love the way they turned out, but I'm a little frustrated with myself, because we were supposed to incorporate movement with the photo and he is obviously posed... Oh well, hopefully they like the photo enough to look past it....pays to look at the directions better... But I can't decide which one I like better.

OK, last but not least, these are some photo's we did at the Clark Art Museum in western Mass. (it was like 10 min.s from the NY border!) Anyways, we were supposed to do architectural shots, abstract shots, and stuff inside. I figured out from some of the design classes how so correct "barreling " that happens when you take a photo with a telephoto lens. You can see it most in the third one, but I am going to have to perfect this if I'm going to be working in Dallas...lots of architectural work in Dallas. Anyways, I wanted to show the before and after shots and the ones under are just bigger files to show the "after" shots. Hope you like em!



0 comments: